Scholarships, Grants & Special Programs

There are a number of scholarships, grants and special programs available to qualified students to help you pay for the cost of attending Manhattan College. Scholarships and grants do not need to be paid back. Scholarships can only apply towards tuition. It does not apply towards room & board.
  • Manhattan College Grants & Scholarships

    Manhattan College funds a variety of scholarship and grant programs that are awarded to eligible students. Please note that institutional aid is awarded based on full-time undergraduate resident status. Students have to be enrolled in at least 12 undergraduate credits towards their degree. When a student changes residency status from resident to commuter, the change in the student's budget will result in the loss of their need-based aid. The merit scholarship will remain the same. The Office of Financial Aid Administration strongly urges all students who are considering moving off campus to speak with a financial aid counselor prior to making a residency change to see if and/or how your financial aid could change.

    Need-Based Grants

    Manhattan College awards need-based aid to students who demonstrate financial need. These awards are given for a maximum of four years (eight semesters). Need-based aid recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress, full-time enrollment, file FAFSA annually and on time, and comply with any verification requests. 

    Available Need-Based Grants

    Merit Scholarships

    Non-need based scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated extraordinary accomplishments. Eligibility for these scholarships is based on a variety of accomplishments such as exceptional SAT or ACT scores, grade point average, volunteer and community involvement, extra-curricular accomplishments and class rank. These awards are given for a maximum of four years (eight semesters). 

    Available Merit Scholarships

    Talent Scholarships

    Special scholarships are offered to students who have demonstrated exceptional talents and/or leadership in their high school or community. A separate application and interview/audition/try-out is required for these awards. These awards are given for a maximum of four years (eight semesters). 

    Available Talent Scholarships

    Endowed & Special Category Scholarships

    Endowed and special category scholarships are awarded to students based on specific eligibility requirements which vary per scholarship. These awards are given for a maximum of four years (eight semesters). 

    ROTC Scholarship

    The Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) offers a range of scholarships tailored to different durations and educational stages. These esteemed scholarships cover tuition, authorized fees, a monthly stipend, and a textbook allowance.

    Available ROTC Scholarships

  • Federal Grants

    The federal government offers several grants that are available for eligible students.

    Pell Grant

    Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor's or a professional degree. Pell Grants are based on financial need as demonstrated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

    Pell Grant Information

    TEACH Grant

    The TEACH Grant program provides grants to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families.

    TEACH Grant Information

    Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

    The FSEOG is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need; students who receive Federal Pell Grants have priority. FSEOGs are awarded by a college's financial aid office based on information in the FAFSA.

    FSEOG Grant Information

  • Yellow Ribbon Program for Veterans

    Manhattan College participates in the Veteran's Affairs Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) to assist with funding tuition expenses for military veterans.

    This tuition-benefit program includes both undergraduate and graduate study and either full- or part-time enrollment. 

    Benefit at Manhattan College

    • The Department of Veterans Affairs will match at the same amount up to 50% of the difference between the student’s tuition benefit and the total cost of tuition and fees. 
    • Including GI Bill-based assistance, admitted Yellow Ribbon Program qualified undergraduate veterans can attend Manhattan College at no out-of-pocket cost.
    • Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program precludes the student from being eligible for any other institutional awards.
    • Yellow Ribbon Program award amounts are based on per-credit-hour tuition and allowable fees.
    • Once eligible, a student remains so throughout their education as long as they remain in good academic standing and have remaining entitlement with the VA.
    • Visit the VA’s Yellow Ribbon Program page for additional information and other benefits.

    How To Apply

    If eligible, students should apply for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill with the Department of Veterans Affairs upon acceptance. Obtain your Yellow Ribbon Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. You can do this by contacting them at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or online at the VA website. Upon completion of the application, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility advising you if your service meets the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program.

    After proceeding with an application for admission to Manhattan College, please forward your Certificate of Eligibility to Adeline Newman at The College will receive direct payment from the Department of Veterans Affairs in the amount of both the GI Bill Benefit (Ch. 33) as well as the Yellow Ribbon Program matching portion.
  • New York State Grant & Aid Programs

    Residents of New York State who attend college in New York State may be eligible for financial aid funded by the State. Information about specific programs is listed below. Additionally, visit the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) website for further information about paying for college in New York State.

    Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

    The New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) helps eligible New York residents pay tuition at approved schools in New York State. Because TAP is a grant, it does not have to be paid back. You can view the documents needed as well as the filing instructions here. NYS TAP for Dream Act Students should fill out a separate application here

    TAP Information

    Other Scholarships & Grants

    New York State also offers a number of other assistance programs for qualified state residents who meet specific eligibility requirements. 

    Available NYS Scholarships & Grants

    Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)

    HEOP provides supportive services and financial aid to New York state residents who meet specific academic and financial criteria, and attend independent colleges and universities in New York state. HEOP at Manhattan College enables motivated students who lack adequate preparation and financial resources for college attendance to pursue a college degree, and includes a number of support services to help students succeed academically and socially.

    HEOP Information

    Collegiate Science & Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)

    CSTEP seeks to increase the number of students from under-represented groups who are pursuing professional licensure and careers in mathematics, science, technology and health-related fields. The program offers state-funded assistance for students who meet specific academic and financial criteria, and who major in a STEM-related field. The CSTEP program at Manhattan College provides support services to help students succeed academically and socially.

    CSTEP Information

  • Private Scholarships

    Outside, private scholarships are available through a number of outside, third-party organizations. These awards are considered part of your financial aid package and federal regulations require this information be reported to the College. Substantial funding from outside scholarships may impact your awards. Award adjustments can vary from the reduction of loan offers to a decrease in other institutional aid offered. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid Administration if you anticipate getting an outside scholarship.

    To assist students who want to apply for outside scholarships, we maintain a blog with new scholarship posted on a routine basis.

    View Available Scholarships