The assessment of individual academic programs is led by department chairs and program directors in conjunction with faculty members, support of academic deans, and staff of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. The academic assessment process revolves around program goals identified, operationalized into objectives and assessed. Ultimately, the goal is:
- Program goals and objectives to tie directly to the college’s mission and strategic plan
- Improvement of student learning and the student experience through meaningful planning and assessment.
- Ensuring student learning and programs are meeting the highest academic standards.
Academic Self-Study and External Program Review
Manhattan College uses an external program review cycle in an effort to continuously improve academic programs for student success. Components include the following:
- Visit from a peer reviewer(s)
- Considerations for action by College community
- Assessment of changes made
Self-study and External Program Review Schedule
Academic Unit Self-Study and External Program Review Schedule
Academic Self- study and External Program Review Planning Guide
External Program Review Visit Scheduling Template