In the tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle and the Brothers of the Christian Schools, Manhattan College faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to live out the five Lasallian Core Principles. The Lasallian Core Principles include: Faith in the Presence of God, Respect for all Persons, Inclusive Community, Concern for the Poor and Social Justice, and Quality Education. Please check out the resources that we have on Hiring for Mission that focus on how Jaspers can live out the Lasallian Core Principles in this capacity.
- Hiring for Mission at SMC
- Check out Saint Mary’s College of California’s take on Hiring for Mission. Manhattan College is a similar institution for it is also rooted in traditional Lasallian values.
- Hiring for Mission at Saint Mary’s University
- Learn more about Saint Mary’s University in Minnesota and their strategies on hiring for mission. In this piece, they focus exclusively on inclusion and human dignity. Manhattan College is a similar institution for it is also rooted in traditional Lasallian values.
- Recruiting and Hiring Tenure-Track Faculty Flowchart - Loyola Marymount
- This visual resource will allow you to better understand the enhanced process of hiring in Higher Education. This is an example from Loyola Marymount but is similar to other high education institutions like Manhattan College.
- University of San Francisco - Equity Briefing
- The University of San Francisco, a Jesuit Catholic university, includes what they focus on when Hiring for Mission.