Directions for VPs, AVPs and Directors (annnual reporting Taskstream)
The College's Academic Assessment Committee (AAC) supports faculty leadership regarding student learning outcomes assessment and the inclusion of outcomes assessment in program reviews. AAC meets yearly in July and provides feedback to faculty leadership. The committee identifies gaps in assessment information, tracks progress in the implementation of assessment plans and evaluates the use of assessment results to inform decision-making within academic schools and programs.
The Academic Assessment Committee Process:
- Each AAC member is assigned between 15 to 17 department/program annual reports for review in early July. Each member is asked to read closely the annual report and all supporting documents including Outcomes Assessment Reports (OARs) and other analyses/evaluations submitted as appendices. Each member scores reports using the AAC rubric and provides quantitative feedback and narrative. All feedback in entered into Taskstream by the end of July.
- AAC members meet on-campus in August. The committee discusses best practices both on-campus and externally regarding learning outcomes assessment, as well as feedback regarding Taskstream and how to improve the submission process. The committee members break into teams of two to follow-up on assigned reviews, reconciliation to create final feedback reports for Chairs/Program Directors (after discussing carefully with the 2nd reviewer).
- AAC members serve as the faculty representative from each MC school and Office of Mission (7 members). AAC members should be assessment leaders in the MC school, to assist in sharing best practice ideas for assessing student learning and success. Each member has agreed to make himself/herself available should you want a meeting with you and/or your faculty. Typically, AAC members do not read reports from their own school, unless it is requested by Dean for accreditation purposes.
- Office of Mission: Br. Jack Curran, FSC, Ph.D
- School of Business: Dr. Grishma Shah
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies: Dr. Cheryl Harrison
- School of Education and Health: Sr. Maryann Jacobs, SCC, Ed.D.
- School of Engineering: Dr. Anirban De
- School of Liberal Arts: Dr. Michael Grabowski
- School of Science: Sr. Joan Harnett, Ph.D.
- Ex Officio: Ms. Dora Moreira (Academic Assessment Coordinator and Director of Electronic Portfolios)
Feedback Rubric Regarding Assessment Plan Used by the Academic Assessment Committee (AAC) for Annual reports and Outcomes Assessment Report (OARs) *modified from the Qatar University Rubric and created in Taskstream Assessment Management System (AMS).