Withdrawal from a Course Process
Students can officially withdraw from class/classes if they meet two conditions:
- The deadline to withdraw has not yet passed (Please review the Academic Calendar withdrawal deadline)
- If there is at least one class remaining on their schedule*. Students cannot withdraw from all classes through this process.
Please note that if you are trying to withdraw from your entire schedule or the only class on your schedule, Banner will not allow you to withdraw from all courses online. (*If a student is requesting a Full Withdrawal from the College, they must complete the Complete Withdrawal from the College and submit it to their Academic Advisor for processing.)
NOTE: The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to reinstate any classes withdrawn through this process if a student fails to contact the appropriate advisor/office prior to withdrawing from classes.
Please be aware of the following information that could impact students withdrawing from a course/s:
- Withdrawing from a course can delay your graduation
- Withdrawing from a course can incur additional charges if the course must be taken again
- Please check the Tuition Liability Policy for refund information, if applicable. Any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Withdrawing from a course could affect your financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid office PRIOR to submitting your withdrawal.
- If you are a VETERAN, ATHLETE, INTERNATIONAL, HEOP, SAM, or C-STEP student, withdrawing could affect your Student Eligibility and/or you could lose Tuition Funding. Please contact one of the following PRIOR to submitting your withdrawal.
After your withdrawal is processed, email confirmations will be sent to multiple parties including:
- Student’s advisor
- Faculty member
- Registrar’s Office
- Athletic advisor, if applicable
- Veterans coordinator, if applicable
- International advisor, if applicable
- HEOP,CSTP or SAMC, if applicable
If an advisor and/or faculty has any questions for a student, they will contact the student directly with any questions or if follow-up is needed.
Student Disclaimer: I confirm that I have read the above information related to the Official Withdrawal from course/s and I understand all the implications involved with the request. By withdrawing from my course/s, I authorize all parties involved of my approval and consent to withdraw from the courses. I acknowledge that I have been made aware of the possible consequences resulting from this change in my registration and I accept full responsibility for them.
Instructions to withdraw from a course:
- Visit selfservice.manhattan.edu
- Click on Student
- Click on Registration
- Click on Add or Drop Classes
- Choose the Term you wish to withdraw from classes
- Under the “Action” Column, Choose “Web Course Withdraw” and then hit the button “Submit Changes”
- Once submitted, you will be officially withdrawn from your course/s.
Students with HOLDS on their account will not be able to withdraw through self-service.
Please use this Withdrawal Request Form to request a course withdrawal. This process will take longer, so we encourage students to address the hold/s on your account so you can withdraw directly through self-service.