The ACS Scholars Program awards renewable scholarships to underrepresented minority students majoring in undergraduate chemistry-related disciplines, and are also intending to pursue careers in chemistry-related fields. Selected recipients are awarded up to $5,000* per academic year. To date, over 3,000 students have received a funding from the ACS Scholars Program.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Be African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0, "B" or better)
- Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related science OR intending to or already pursuing a degree in chemical technology
- Be planning a career in the chemical sciences.
*Please note that students intending to enter Pre-Med programs or pursuing a degree in Pharmacy are not eligible for this scholarship.