Reminders for New Students

Check with your insurance carrier to find out whether your present health insurance will continue to be available while you are attending Manhattan College, particularly if you are attending school out of state. If you are enrolled with a managed-care company, find out if the network includes providers in the NYC area.

Insurance companies may request documentation that a student over 18 years of age is enrolled full-time in order to maintain coverage. If this documentation is needed, please call the Registrar’s office at 718-862-7914 and the staff will assist you. 

It is recommended that you submit a copy of your health-insurance identification card to Health Services to be maintained with your other health records.

Accident Insurance Plans for Students

Full-time undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in a mandatory basic accident plan. Note that this coverage is secondary to any insurance that a student may have and that it only covers accidental injuries. If a student incurs medical expenses associated with an accident, a report must be made to the accident insurance plan within 90 days of the accident. Claims must be submitted on a timely basis in order to receive benefits

Health Insurance Plans for Students

Manhattan College does not provide a Group Health Insurance Plan that covers all students.  

Students who do not already have access to individual health insurance coverage or would like to explore additional insurance options have the option of working with the College’s health insurance broker, Marshall & Sterling, who can provide detailed information that can help identify the health plan that will best meet your needs.  Marshall & Sterling can also help you understand the differences between enrolling on the New York State of Health Exchange, and enrolling Direct with the Carrier (Off-Exchange).   

Please review the health plans and rates that are offered on and off the NY State of Health Exchange:

Financial assistance subsidies are available for qualified individuals by enrolling through the NY State of Health Exchange.  To find out if you qualify for assistance, please visit the exchange website calculator and enter your income. 

If you need assistance with enrolling in an individual health plan or a NY State of Health Exchange plan, contact Kevin Delgadillo at 845-226-3083 ext. 2109 or