Please be aware that the flu season is peaking now. The best way to help prevent getting the flu is to get your flu vaccine.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) asks all of us to do the following:
Stop the spread of germs that can make you and others sick!
Influenza (flu) and other serious respiratory illnesses, like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), whooping cough, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), are spread by cough, sneezing, or unclean hands.
- To help stop the spread of germs:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
For more information on how to keep yourself healthy and prevent the spread of the flu please go to CDC link: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm