MC After School Program Coordinator Position Open
Job Purpose: Responsible for overseeing the Manhattan College After School Program (September 12, 2018 - June 21, 2019). Oversee the maintenance of an orderly, safe and pleasant atmosphere in the cafeteria, on the playground and in other designated locations by helping and supervising staff and students during the after school program in accordance with school policies and established school procedures. Additionally, the coordinator of the program is responsible for but not limited to training, evaluation, supervision, and management of daily operations of a diverse staff ranging from seasoned activity specialists to high school interns. This position reports to the Manhattan College Director of Non-Credit Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees Day-to-Day Operations of Manhattan College Aftercare Program.
- Oversees registration and payment of students into the program.
- Monitors staff and coordinate weekly staff meetings to address issues or concerns.
- Gather and submit activity teacher’s timesheet to Director of Non-Credit Programs on time.
- Meets periodically with Director of Non-Credit Programs to discuss resources, materials, issues and concerns in order to run a smooth operation.
- Oversees proper student check-in and dismissal procedures for After Care.
- Observes who enters and leaves child care areas.
- Oversees and/or assists students with homework when needed.
- Oversees and/or passes out snacks when needed.
- Oversees and /or plays with students on playground when needed.
- Coordinates field trips if applicable.
- Organizes and plans for age specific craft/entertainment programs..
- Organizes and plans for Spring/Summer Camp Programs if applicable.
- Submits reports and maintain records.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Has the ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions,
- to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
- Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all level. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Possesses strong customer and student orientation.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to implement best practices.
- Has the ability to be courteous and professional when dealing with parents, children and other co-workers.
- Possesses strong supervisory skills with young educational professionals.
- Over 75% of the population served speaks Spanish. Therefore bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Adheres to and understands Manhattan College After School Program rules, expectations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum in education or similar area.
- Three (3) years experience in childcare management or comparable educational learning environment.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Computer literacy; Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google Suite (Gmail, Google docs, sheets, slides).
- Requires fingerprint/background check with New York State prior to start date.
Position: This is a part-time job of up to 20 hours per week. Monday - Friday 1:15 pm - 6:15 pm. Appointment: August 20, 2018 - June 21, 2019.
Submit resume and cover letter by email to Edgar Zavala, Director of Non-Credit Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line type ”After school Coordinator [Last Name]”. Add 3 professional references.